AVI 5940 Field Ethernet System - Rugged Embedded Services Router
An innovation in mission-critical mobile communications
The AVI Field Ethernet System 5940 Embedded Services Router is a small form factor, field-deployable, rugged router featuring Cisco® technology. It provides four gigabit router ports enabling the router to serve as an aggregation point for on-demand network connectivity in mobile or fixed deployments in harsh environments.
- Cisco IOS Software and Cisco Mobile Ready Net capability.
- Transparent access to and transfer of voice, data, and video information.
- Infrastructure-less networking reaching beyond the range of a fixed network.
- Self-forming temporary ability, immediate connection with no pre-configuration of peers required.
- Deployable by manpack, vehicle or aircraft.
- In extreme temperatures -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F) and under shock and vibration conditions.
- Mains, vehicle or battery power.
- On-demand mobile network connectivity for mission-critical operations.
More about Cisco Mobile Ready Net
Internal Component Options
The standard FES-ESR is a single Cisco 5940 ESR with a console port and four routed Ethernet ports only. The Cisco 5940 ESR card uses only one of the available three slots provided by the FES cPCI chassis. There are options available to integrate up to two additional boards inside the FES chassis to provide added functionality. Examples of this are:
- Ethernet Switches
- Serial Interfaces
- Video Servers
- Communications Boards
Front Panel Layout
The layout of the connectors on the front panel may be re-arranged in accordance with the needs of the internal components, or customer requirements.
AVI can provide a FES-ESR with proprietary or custom connectors to the front panel.
Please Contact Us for a quotation for the AVI 5940 for your organisation or to discuss tailoring this product to suit your needs.
- Cisco 5940 Embedded Services Router and Cisco IOS Software
- Standards-based Mobile IP in Cisco IOS Software
- Cisco IOS Software advanced security features, including IP sec and 256 AES
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Supports dual BA-5590 type batteries, 10-30VDC, and 90-260VAC power sources
- Power output for module stacking
- Rugged sealed casing
- Extended operating temperature range
- Rugged design
- Suitable for military deployment
- Military vehicle mounting options